Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Next quiz for Group 2

Some questions about grammar for you:

1.If you use a modal verb, which verb form comes after it? I might _____

2. Do you use the present perfect, or the past simple if you use the word 'since' in your sentence: (I / live/ in NZ since 2001).

3. What kinds of words to we always capitalize?

4. If there is only one of something, what article do we use?

5. In questions about the past, what part of the question shows the time?
(play / football when you were a child)

6. How do you make a present continuous verb?

Good luck!

27 comments:

  1. Yes, but you can do it! Talk to Alaa and try to work it out together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oops! I made a mistake in question 2. Is should be: present perfect or past simple with 'since'.

    Sorry!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oops, a typo! It should be: present perfect or past simple with 'since'.

    ReplyDelete
  4. f you use a modal verb, which verb form comes after it? I might _base form
    2- present perfect
    3- sities,noun, country
    4- a or an
    5-did
    6- noun is tng
    ____

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yazeed
    1 is correct
    2. is correct
    3. is incorrect
    4. is incorrect
    5. is correct (the auxiliary verb)
    6. is incorrect

    ReplyDelete
  6. 1.
    2.present perfect .
    3.noun, country , city, beginning of sentences ..
    4.not article
    5.did .
    6.noun is tng

    ReplyDelete
  7. 1. base form
    2.present perfect.
    3.article+ spelling
    4.the.
    5.did
    6.S + be+ v(ing)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jaber,
    2. is correct
    3. is mostly correct, but not completely...
    4. is incorrect
    5 is correct (auxiliary verb)
    6. is incorrect.

    Good try!

    ReplyDelete
  9. 3- sities, nouns, countries
    4- the
    6- plas ing to verb

    ReplyDelete
  10. 1.If you use a modal verb, which verb form comes after it? I might talk

    2- present perfect

    3- Names and the beginning of the sentence and the days and months and places and names of countries
    4- the
    5- did you ....
    6- be + verb-ing

    ReplyDelete
  11. 1. correct
    2. correct
    3. incorrect
    4. correct
    5. hmmm, you have the correct answer, but also something extra?? So, incorrect....I think.

    ReplyDelete
  12. f you use a modal verb, which verb form comes after it? I might _base form
    2- present perfect
    3- noun, country
    4- the-a
    5-did
    6- +ing

    ReplyDelete
  13. Abdullah,

    5. is correct,

    6 is the hmmm, comment.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I might _base form
    2- present perfect
    3- sities,noun, country
    4- a or an
    5-did
    6- verb to be + ing

    ReplyDelete
  15. Mohammed,

    Mostly correct.
    1. - right form, but what do we call it?
    2. correct
    3. good - there are more, but this is good
    4. correct
    5. mostly correct (Did - the auxiliary verb)
    6. correct

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wael,

    Almost all correct.

    check 4 & 6. Also more for 3.

    ReplyDelete
  17. 1. base form
    2.present perfect.
    3.noun, country , city, beginning of sentences ..
    4.the.
    5.did
    6.be+ v + ing

    ReplyDelete
  18. Mohammed Alsharani,

    Good, but check 3 & 4.

    ReplyDelete
  19. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  20. 3-stating sentences. nouns citiesn countries
    6- verb to be and then plas ing to verb

    ReplyDelete
  21. Well done, everyone!

    1.If you use a modal verb, which verb form comes after it? I might _____

    Base Verb

    2. Do you use the present perfect, or the past simple if you use the word 'since' in your sentence: (I / live/ in NZ since 2001).

    Present Perfect (I've lived in NZ since 2001.)

    3. What kinds of words to we always capitalize?
    Proper nouns (names of people, rivers, oceans, cities, countries, companies, etc). Beginning of sentences, days, months, the pronoun 'I'. Lots of things, but not common nouns like Apple, Cat, etc.

    4. If there is only one of something, what article do we use?

    The (the sun)

    5. In questions about the past, what part of the question shows the time?
    (play / football when you were a child)

    Did - the auxiliary verb

    6. How do you make a present continuous verb?

    To be + verb-ing

    ReplyDelete